Last updated: January 27, 2022
In general, Archivist (“the Bot”) does not collect, compile, or store data about You long term. What small amount of data is collected will never be sold for any purpose and would only be provided to a third party if required by law. Only the data required to perform the Bot's functions or to troubleshoot issues are collected.
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means your account created through Discord.
- Application means the Discord application invited to any server you own or are a member of, named Archivist
- Bot (referred to as either "the Bot" in this Agreement) refers to Archivist.
- Developer ("We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) is Discord user enigmalea#6509.
- Host is PebbleHost.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Application.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the server ID collected to create settings for a server when the Bot is added).
- User (referred to as "the User" or "You") means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the Bot, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
- Website refers to the pages accessible at archivistbot.com.
- Website Host refers to Github Pages.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
Usage and Personal Data is collected automatically when using the Service. The Bot collects the following information for two different entities:
Guild Usage Data
The Bot stores the guild ("server") ID of all servers which invite the bot. This ID is used only to provide the server with server specific settings, such as customizing the embed information displayed for fanfics.
No information concerning which users are members of a server ("membership data") is collected or accessed at any point as it isn't needed for the Bot's functions.
User Usage Data
Information concerning individual users' usage is stored in a log of events. The log is only accessed by the Bot's Developer when ratelimiting occurs in order to identify potential issues or exploits in the Bot's coding. It is not used for regular debugging or resolving of issues.
The log consists of:
- embed information being sent to Discord, which logs the specific works, users, series, and chapters requested by users. There is no log of which user requested this embed.
Website Access When you access the Website through archivistbot.com, the pages are provided to you through the Website Host. This Website Host logs your IP whether you are sign into a Github account or not for security purposes. You can read more about the privacy and security policies of Github here.
Use of and Access to Your Personal Data
The Bot may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to perform analysis on usage impacting the Bot's ability to perform our Service.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Personal and Usage data collected is only directly accessible by the Developer at this time. There is no additional support staff working for the Bot or the Developer who can access Your information.
Retention of Your Personal Data
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed and stored by Host and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers and servers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Developer may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Developer may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Bot
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from the Host.
Links to Other WebsiteS
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
How to Request Your Data
Since no message data is logged and there is no information concerning the User the embed was requested by, the Developer is unable to provide copies of specific data pertaining to the User.
Only server owners may ask to see the server information in the database. You will be asked to provide evidence You own the server before your request is fulfilled. To make a request for a copy of the server information:
- join the support server, and request that the Developer provide You a copy. Requests will be fulfilled via Discord DM file transfer in 3-5 business days.
How to Delete Your Data
Server Usage Data is deleted automatically when the Bot is kicked from the server. This means no data concerning your Server (including the Server ID or what settings you've chosen) remains in the Bot's database.
The Bot automatically rebuilds the settings concerning your server as long as the Bot is present, so there is no way to feasibly delete the settings information unless you discontinue use of the Bot.
Logs are deleted manually by the Developer no less frequently than once a quarter, though We strive to delete them once a month on or about the first Saturday of the month.
If you would like to request the logs be deleted immediately, you may join the support server and ask the Developer to delete the logs. Log deletion requests will be fulfilled within 3-5 business days.
- Interpretation and Definitions
- Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
- Use of and Access to Your Personal Data
- Retention of Your Personal Data
- Transfer of Your Personal Data
- Disclosure of Your Personal Data
- Security of Your Personal Data
- Children’s Privacy
- Links to Other WebsiteS
- How to Request Your Data
- How to Delete Your Data
- Contact Us